Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we’re mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our HR team as part of our on-boarding process.
The VP of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications will have responsibility for the strategic and tactical leadership of all company communications, ensuring consistent messaging across all platforms to all stakeholders, both internal and external. This role will develop and manage relationships with the investment community, including investors and sell-side analysts. This individual will also be responsible for all corporate communications, including corporate visibility, media and public relations, alignment with corporate strategy and public affairs. This role will contribute to company branding, employer branding and internal messaging strategy and execution. This individual will work closely and collaboratively with the Executive Team.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive investor relations strategy
- Develop the short and long-term corporate messaging aligned by stakeholder and channel
- Responsibility for all key corporate communications functions, including concept development, writing/editing, production and distribution; as well as management of external agencies.
- Assess Company, peer group, and industry factors to develop materials for quarterly and annual reporting and special announcements, including key messages, presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, press releases and briefing information.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other functional areas to develop messaging that authentically promotes the Company.
- Develop and evolve the communication strategy to align with changes to the business.
- Plan, manage and attend appropriate external events including investor and industry meetings.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for the Company. Epitomize and reinforce Surface’s corporate culture in all interactions.
- Serve as primary person to handle incoming inquiries from the media and investors.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with at least 7 years’ experience leading Investor Relations and Corporate Communications at a public biopharma company.
- Oncology experience is preferred.
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community.
- Proven track record delivering clear consistent messaging of scientific and clinical concepts across multiple stakeholders / audiences.
- Relationships with media, biopharma journalists.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience setting and managing budgets
- Up to 30% travel required