Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we’re mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our HR team as part of our on-boarding process.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced immunologist interested in drug discovery and development to join our team. This individual will drive the design and execution of experiments to support mechanism of action, translational immunology, and external collaborative studies for our pre-clinical and clinical immuno-oncology programs. Extensive experience in human and mouse immunology, immune cell profiling and cell based functional assays by multi-parameter flow cytometry and gene expression profiling is preferred. In addition, the well qualified candidate will work closely across functional groups and communicate results with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds to ensure efficient advancement of research programs and delivering decision-making data.
- Uses leading-edge knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, and techniques in immunology to execute on complex projects across departments and teams
- Acts as a scientific expert within the department and leads the achievement of project objectives, contributes strategic insights to accelerate program achievements
- Manages external relationships with contract research organizations and collaborators
- Communicates program achievements and establishes program goals in collaboration with company leadership and its scientific advisory board
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Participates in scientific conferences to gain advance scientific and technological knowledge to advance project work and make significant contributions to publications and patents
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD with 5+ year experience in immunology research or BSc/MSc 10+ year experience (title will be commensurate with experience)
- Strong background in human and mouse immunology. Extensive experience with immune cell culture and multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience with additional relevant laboratory techniques and technologies, such as cytokine profiling (MSD/Luminex/ELISA), transcriptional profiling (RNA-seq), CRISPR, and lentiviral transduction of primary cells/cell lines
- Experience with assay development to support biomarker development strategies is a plus.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others in a dynamic fast-paced environment; and a genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Contribute to maintaining an environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, openness to new approaches, creativity and opportunistic thinking.
- Efficient time management, excellent organizational, writing and communication skills, problem solving skills and a high degree of flexibility