Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we’re mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our HR team as part of our on-boarding process.
Surface Oncology is working to advance next-generation approaches to cancer immunotherapy based on proprietary insights into novel immunotherapy targets and emerging areas of biology. We are seeking a creative and motivated immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence specialist to be part of our growing company. This is a hands-on lab position in a highly dynamic, team-oriented environment. Qualified candidates should be hard-working, highly motivated, and possess a proactive attitude and strong desire to discover novel biology and potential new therapeutics. Candidates should also fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of our company culture.
- Design, develop, and implement translational biomarkers assays both independently and in collaboration with others in a team-based environment.
- Coordinate and manage clinical biomarker assay transfer and development activities with Contract Research Organizations (CROs)/vendors.
- Collaborate in a highly matrixed environment to drive and support translational research activities across multiple clinical development programs with both research and clinical development colleagues.
- Independently drive and support clinical trial biomarker data analysis and interpretation. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses and communicate these results regularly at team meetings.
- Contribute to program translational research strategies.
- Stay current with scientific and translational literature and investigate, create, and develop novel methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintain organized laboratory notebook and complete all documentation according to the standard operating procedures.
- PhD in bioanalytical chemistry, molecular biology, immunology, or relevant scientific field with 3+ years related laboratory experience, or BS/MS with 5+ years related laboratory experience, working in an industry or academic environment.
- Experience with assay transfer, development, and validation as well as CRO vendor management.
- Demonstrated expertise across a wide range of cellular, protein, and molecular analytical platforms and assays including receptor occupancy (RO), immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex), and PD assays and a strong background and knowledge of multiparameter flow cytometry (FACS).
- Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills and a high degree of flexibility.