Surface Oncology is working to advance next-generation approaches to cancer immunotherapy based on proprietary insights into novel immunotherapy targets and emerging areas of biology. We are seeking a creative and motivated immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence specialist to be part of our growing company. This is a hands-on lab position in a highly dynamic, team-oriented environment. Qualified candidates should be hard-working, highly motivated, and possess a proactive attitude and strong desire to discover novel biology and potential new therapeutics. Candidates should also fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of our company culture.
- Design, develop, and implement translational biomarkers assays both independently and in collaboration with others in a team-based environment.
- Coordinate and manage clinical biomarker assay transfer and development activities with Contract Research Organizations (CROs)/vendors.
- Collaborate in a highly matrixed environment to drive and support translational research activities across multiple clinical development programs with both research and clinical development colleagues.
- Independently drive and support clinical trial biomarker data analysis and interpretation. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses and communicate these results regularly at team meetings.
- Contribute to program translational research strategies.
- Stay current with scientific and translational literature and investigate, create, and develop novel methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Maintain organized laboratory notebook and complete all documentation according to the standard operating procedures.
- PhD in bioanalytical chemistry, molecular biology, immunology, or relevant scientific field with 3+ years related laboratory experience, or BS/MS with 5+ years related laboratory experience, working in an industry or academic environment.
- Experience with assay transfer, development, and validation as well as CRO vendor management.
- Demonstrated expertise across a wide range of cellular, protein, and molecular analytical platforms and assays including receptor occupancy (RO), immunoassays (ELISA, MSD, Luminex), and PD assays and a strong background and knowledge of multiparameter flow cytometry (FACS).
- Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills and a high degree of flexibility.