Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we’re mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our HR team as part of our on-boarding process.
Surface Oncology is working to advance next-generation approaches to cancer immunotherapy based on proprietary insights into novel immunotherapy targets and emerging areas of biology. We are seeking a creative and motivated immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence specialist to be part of our growing company. This is a hands-on lab position in a highly dynamic, team-oriented environment. Qualified candidates should be hard-working, highly motivated, and possess a proactive attitude and strong desire to discover novel biology and potential new therapeutics. Candidates should also fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of our company culture.
- Work closely with members of the research and translational teams to develop and execute novel tissue-based biomarker assays (primarily IHC and IF) in support of clinical and preclinical program translational activities.
- Operational day-to-day maintenance of molecular pathology laboratory activities with respect to equipment, supplies, and reagents, with oversight from translational pathologist.
- Coordinate and organize the collection and analysis of cell lines and tissue samples internally and with external partners.
- Review scientific literature, as well as investigate and develop new tissue-based approaches, reagents, and techniques for project advancement.
- Support CRO vendor relationships, external assay qualification and validation as well as clinical data analysis arising from outsourced activities as appropriate.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses and communicate results regularly at team meetings to ultimately drive decision-making.
- Maintain organized lab records and documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MS degree in life sciences with minimum of 10 years related immunology, oncology, or biology laboratory experience, working in biotech/pharma or academic environment.
- Highly self-motivated and energetic team player with innovative mindset and ability to tackle projects with drive, energy, and discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in the performance of tissue-based assays, with emphasis on single and multiplex immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF); in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in slide-based assay development including optimization and troubleshooting of novel antibodies and nucleic acid probes.
- Experience with automated staining, whole slide scanning, and quantitative image analysis using automated software.
- Familiarity with general histology/histopathology techniques such as tissue handling, embedding/processing, sectioning, and routine light microscopy.
- Efficient time management, excellent organizational and communication skills, problem solving skills, and a high degree of flexibility.
- Prior experience with one or more of the following techniques preferred: multiparameter flow cytometry (FACS), MSD, Luminex, ELISA, Western Blotting.
- Experience with assay development, validation and transfer would be advantageous.