Director/Senior Director, New Product Planning
Covid- 19 Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Throughout the pandemic, we’ve done all that we can to keep our employees safe, and the employees coming in have been careful to take precautions to reduce the risk of bringing Covid into our work environment. As we reopen our office, we’re mindful that the pandemic is not yet over, and young children are not yet vaccinated. We are committed to continuing to protect our team and keep our office safe. Vaccination has proven to be the best thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and your community. Since we are striving for a 100% vaccinated workplace (including employees, contractors, vendors and guests), all NEW HIRES will be required to be fully vaccinated, and to present proof of their Covid-19 vaccination to our HR team as part of our on-boarding process.
We are seeking a creative, resourceful, motivated and experienced commercial leader to join our team. The Director/Sr. Director will leverage their deep understanding of global markets to inform early commercial strategy development and planning for Surface’s pipeline products. Further, the Director/Sr. Director will work with teams to quickly understand the scientific basis of our programs in order to help build optimized product profiles and to inform clinical and regulatory approaches. The position will collaborate closely with leaders across the organization including research, development, program management, clinical, regulatory, strategy and business development, and will lead strategic initiatives to ensure Surface continues to develop products that address an unmet medical need, are highly competitive and well-differentiated.
- Work collaboratively with internal Clinical Operations Team to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Represent commercial organization and perform detailed commercial analysis to support product/ label strategies, and key business decisions
- Develop and communicate strong understanding of treatment protocols, level of unmet needs, potential patient segments to identify prioritized targeted product concepts
- Direct / implement strategic commercial projects to inform disease area strategies
- Utilize patient, provider and payer perspectives to create Target Product Profiles (TPPs) reflective of the optimal value proposition
- Create revenue forecasts based on current TPPs in collaboration with program teams
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape, and communicate implications of changes
- Develop and maintain strong, internal partnerships with cross-functional colleagues (e.g., development, research, regulatory, CMC, business development etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry including a minimum of 3-4 years new product planning or equivalent experience.
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, including primary and secondary market research and data, and formulate strong, supportable recommendations.
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment, fostering open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation.
- Pragmatic, solution-oriented thinker with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, PharmD) preferred, as well as new product planning experience in oncology